Tuesday 9 August 2016

Wonderful Watercolours


Hey there, Niki back with you again today, with how to make a watercolour background using your Silhouette Cameo. To start with I chose a floral design from the Design Store. I wanted this to have a water colour effect. I could therefore have cut this design out of a piece of pre-water-coloured paper but I didn't have one in the right colours, so I cut it out of white cardstock.


I then picked out a few colours from the papers I wanted to use, selected the closest water colour paints and Gelato sticks that I had, mixed them with a lot of water and then painted my flowers. I had the paint really very runny to give the cut design a subtle wash of colour. Once I'd painted all the flowers and left it to dry, I then stuck it flat onto a piece of white card, this way the gorgeous water colours showed up beautifully. I built my layout on top of the background and as usual I didn't want to cover too much of it up so kept my layout area quite small. I also cut a few flowers from coordinating patterned paper to add extra detail.


Thanks for stopping by - I hope I've inspired you to use your cut files in a slightly different way - I am usually guilty of cutting everything just in white!

Happy scrapping









Designs Used:
Roses Background


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment: