Thursday 8 June 2017

Sketch and Cut in Software Version 4

Hello Silhouette Fans!

Have you downloaded Version 4 of the software yet? I just did yesterday and I am still getting used to the new layout. Some features are very straight forward to find, but others not so much! Today I am going to show you a step by step tutorial of sketch and cut by colour in the new software.



What you will need:

- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Sketch Pens
- Cardstock


Instuctions:

Open a new project on your Silhouette Studio and bring your desired file from your Library. I have chosen this gorgeous file called Funky Peacock Feathers.


The next step is to ungroup the file so I can manipulate each shape individually. The easiest way is to right click and select ungroup.


I am going to sketch each feather in a different colour. So I go to Line Style and I change the line colour of each feather.



I have gone for purple, pink and orange.

The next step is to offset all three feathers. You can go into the offset tool by either right-clicking on the shapes and selecting "offset" or in the offset tool in the right hand menu.



As you can see from the image above, the offset lines have appeared in purple. This is probably because the last time I modified the line colour before I chose purple. So in order to not confuse things, I am selecting all three new offset lines and changing the colour to red.

Now it's time to get busy with the cutting settings! The cutting settings can now be found under "SEND" in the top right corner.  First of all, I select all three coloured feathers and choose "no cut" in the "action" settings.



Next, go to "Action by Line", where you can individually select what you want to do with each different colour.





 Now go to each colour and select sketch where you want to sketch and cut where you want to cut.


So go ahead and send each feather to sketch. Once the first one has been sketched, do not remove your mat from the machine. Change the sketch pen to the next colour, select the colour in the action and send to sketch. Do this with all three feathers (or however many you have chosen to sketch!)

And finally, one all the feathers are sketched on your cardstock, you can send to cut the offset lines. Make sure you have the right settings for the material you are cutting. You can adjust the settings if you need to. This comes up in the bottom part of your screen now.


And you are done!You now have three gorgeous feathers to use in your projects! Be it scrapbooking, cardmaking or home décor :)



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and you have found it helpful! Do not hesitate to post any questions that you may have and I will try my best to answer them.




PRODUCTS USED

No comments:

Post a Comment