Saturday 23 September 2017

Print and Cut on Vellum and Custom Fill Title.


Hello, hello - Karen here with a layout I made the day the photo was taken. I was so inspired by the photo that I designed my page straight away.  I have wanted to try print and cut on vellum for some time and decided to use designs which looked like they were watercoloured to compliment the delicacy of the vellum.

Once I had prepared my embellishments I wanted to make a title that matched.


  • I opened the floral wreath onto a new page and resized it to 7ins wide.
  • Next I drew an arc



  • I then wrote my title and dragged it to the arc . 
  • I made sure that the text was at the front and made the text a compound path.  I then deleted the arc and selected the wreath and the text.  From the modify menu I chose crop.


  •  This left me with just the words filled with the colours from the wreath.  I coloured the outline of the letters blue with a 2 pt line. 



So the only step left to do was to print out my embelishments and add them to my layout.







DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

  1. This is such an effective technique Karen, thank you for sharing it with us,

    ReplyDelete