Friday 26 January 2018

Making A Bespoke Snowflake Background.



Hello, hello - Karen here with a tutorial about a background I made recently.  Well truth be told I was stuck in a hotel room with a husband in the throws of a migraine and nothing to amuse myself with but my tablet, which of course has Silhouette software on it.

I decided to try and make a bespoke background using circles and snowflakes.


  • The first thing I did was to draw a series of different sized circles and arranged them on my design space. 

  • I then added an offset of 0.125


  • This was the result. 

  • The next step was to highlight all the shapes and make them into a compound path. 
  • I then filled each circle with a snowflake, making sure that the points of the snowflake overlapped the edge of each centre circle. 

  • Once all the circles were filled I selected all and merged the shapes and this was the result.


All that was left to do was to cut my design from adhesive backed cardstock, add to a piece of patterned paper and it was ready to make my page.







My Blog



PRODUCTS USED:





DESIGNS USED:




3 comments:

  1. Would you consider doing a tutorial on how to navigate the silhouette on the tablet? I have tried to use but can’t figure it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tablet has a clip on keyboard with a tracker pad so that makes it much easier. I will ask the other ladies on the DT if they can be of help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tutorial and love that scrapbook page

    ReplyDelete