Tuesday 13 February 2018

One cutfile used 3 ways

Hi everyone, it's Ruth again reporting a bit late for duty as I am away at the moment and totally forgot to schedule my post....sneaking in today instead....

I am totally in love with all things heart shaped so I always get excited for new Valentine collections and all the ephemera, stickers and chipboard in my favourite shape.

When it comes to cutfiles there is a huge, vast choice available in every size and style you can imagine...believe me I know I have loads in my library...but you can't have too many in my opinion. 

Having said that I do like to find a cutfile that is slightly different or has multiple uses and when I came across this one  Diamond Heart by Alaa'K it fit the bill perfectly.

This is actually 2 cutfiles one forming the diamond heart shape with text and one acting as a backing shape behind

To my white cardstock 12 x 12 background I added smooshed pink, red and gold paint then I used the white diecut shape backing it with small pieces of patterned paper attached with pop dots for a bit more interest...



I added a few embellishments, my photo and some journalling and my page was complete...


For my second page I took the heart shape and used it as a template by placing it on my paper and flicking ink over the shape (NOTE: use the opposite side of the paper you want to use later on layout 3)....so a stencilled effect...


I offset it slightly so the heart shape was towards the top and right hand side of the page. I decided to feature my boys so went for brown green and orange tones that matched the colours in the photo


The heart shape didn't show up as well as I had hoped so I added some simple stitching around it which made it pop much more...

This was my completed page...


Finally I went all out for hearts, I flipped the DS paper over I had used to create the stencilled affect, roughly drew round it and painted a pinky red border before I stuck the diecut shape down.  A lot of hearts on that patterned paper!



 I added my photos and some journalling a cute title and then even more heart shaped embellishments!


Currently there is 25% off in the Silhouette Design Store Bring on the Love Sale....I am off to check what other other heart designs I can add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment