Saturday 3 February 2018

Valentines Scratch Giftcard




Hi everyone. It's Verity here with my first project for you all. I had some technical difficulties with my computer - seperate from using my Cameo, so I haven't been able to bring you a project until now. Today, I am showing you how fun and easy it is to create a scratch-off gift card for your Valentines.

Scratch-off gift card details:

First of all, you will need to design the gift card. Based on the size of the envelope I was going to use, I created a gift card measuring at 4" 3/4 X 42 3/4. I used the Heart Frame for each of my scratch-off areas. This needed to be made into a compound path in order to add a gradient fill (2). To do this, I just highlighted the outer and inner frame, and right clicked to select make a compound path. If I hadn't done this, it would have filled both the outer and inner frames with no inner aperture (1).


I used Fearless font for the main text on the gift card and Miss Molly font for the body of the text. To add a little more interest, I used one of the hearts from the Frame set and positioned this multiple times over the card. This was printed out on to plain paper, as I wanted to mount this onto silver cardstock.

Now I had the main basis of my gift card, I was able to create the scratch-off shapes to cover my 'gift' areas. I selected the circle shape and drew whilst holding shifting over one of the areas.


To speed up the process and to prevent different size circles, I cleared the gift card design to one side and replicated the circle 6 times with the Replicate panel.


These were then cut from the Silver Scratch-off Sticker Sheets using the cut settings stored in the studio. However, I suggest doing a test cut before your proceed to a full cut as machines can vary slightly. These were peeled off the adhesive backing and stuck down over the gift areas on the gift card.



To finnish this gift card off, I wanted to encase it in a coordinating envelope. I used the Hearts tiny Flap 5"x5 envelope and embellished this with a 'Love is all you need' Die cut, and some sequins and Nuvo drops to match.





I hope you enjoyed this post and inspires you to reveal you Valentines gift in a fun way this year.

Until next time,

Verity












Profile | Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Love is all you need - Jennifer Wambrach Design ID #54212
Hearts Tiny Flap 5x5 envelope - Snapdragon Snippets Design ID#178366
Set of 4 Frames, heart, butterfly, star and flower - Alaa'l Design ID#8224

FONTS USED:


Fearless Font - Rohnna Farrer Design ID #212848
Miss Molly Font - Miss Kate Cuttables Design IS#215911


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun way to combine a card with a gift reveal - love it!

    ReplyDelete