Sunday 25 February 2018

Sunday's with Steph - I'm sure we are all guilty of saving paper because it to nice to use - I know I am!!

Hello and welcome to this weeks addition of Sundays with Steph :o)

If you haven't looked in before I run a weekly blog for Silhouette UK, of my trials and tribulations of my first year with my new Silhouette Cameo 3 machine. The ups and downs and my process of getting this machine to work for me!

So this week I was thinking what to make and write about and I thought I'd get inspiration from looking through my papers and photos and would see where this leads me.....so I came across a selection of papers (Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Bohemian dreams 😍😍) that I had been saving for no particular reason (probably because I just loved them!!) and I decided that I would bite the bullet and go from using only white card stock in my machine to some beautiful double sided printed paper that I had been saving for best. As me and the Cameo had been getting on quite well recently, I'd count us as friends and to be frank I knew that my beloved Cameo wouldn't mess up on one of my saved papers I just knew it....................

😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪

So I selected my design https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/219438 loaded my precious paper on to my mat and sent it. Ok so the machine was making all the right noises in the beginning then I heard it slip.  Er slight panic! After giving it a quick glance all looked ok - phew! Then and another slip, OK that's fine no real damage......then it happens........just over half way down Cameo decides to do it's own thing........I cancel the job.....it furiously spits out my beautiful paper (this is a slight exaggeration it unloaded the paper in the normal way but it sounds a lot more dramatic that way!!) Aghhhhhhh 😭😭😭😭 my paper, my beautiful saved for best paper ruined.....waa waa waa.....or is it?!





So with a little help and encouragement from my scrapping besties, they believed that I could create something beautiful. I sat at my big girls desk and thought,"I've got this!"  I flipped over the "L" shape that had been cut off, stuck it down, cut some bits, ripped some bits, taped bits in a frenzy until it resembled this.  Ok  it's not looking to bad. I backed the stars, I layered the photo, added embellishments, ephemera, sequins and silver cotton.  I water coloured my cousins name and added a tassel and a flair button and that's it.  I actually love this piece of work and so glad that I stuck with it!!


Ta-da!
Signing off for this week!! Happy scrapping and thanks for reading!

Steph x








1 comment:

  1. I feel for you, so frustrating isn't it? GREAT result though.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete