Monday 26 March 2018

Happy Easter Decoration - Faux Wooden Sentiments





Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. For the post today I'm using the Wood sheets from Silhouette. This is a fairly quick post today as this Easter decoration is very easy to make, but I wanted to inspire you to use the wood sheets to create Faux Wooden Sentiments.

Happy Easter Decoration - Faux Wooden Sentiment details:

For the main decoration I used designs from the design store (see below for details). I cut the sentiment out white cardstock 3 times and adhered these together with glue. This creates a dimension die-cut sentiment. I cut one sentiment out of the wood sheets. The programme will have cut settings for this stored in the drop-down list, but remember to do a test cut first. Your machine may cut slightly differently, i.e blade pressure etc so always test first.

For the additional eggs, I used a white gel pen in my pen holder to draw the eggs designs. I manually coloured in the areas of the egg, though you could leave this plain. To cut these out, make sure you add an offset to your egg and only have the offset line to cut. Make sure you have switched all other lines in the design to no cut.


The sentiment was adhered down on to a white paint base. I added some colour spring inspired ribbon to the board and to hang the decor. I foam mounted the middle egg for added interest and dimension.




This was very quick and easy to make, perfect for a last minute Easter decoration. If this has inspired you to create one, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity







Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGN USED:

Easter Eggs by Dresden Carrie, Design ID #77249
Happy Easter by Sweet Afton, Design ID #180754


PRODUCTS USED:

      

No comments:

Post a Comment