Saturday 31 March 2018

Let the Light Shine Through You - a Stitched Layout | Niki Rowland



Hey there! Niki here with you today sharing a layout and easy tutorial on how to turn any cut file into a stitching template. I love the look of stitching on a layout and this way I can combine my love of cut files and stitching!

I started off by choosing a title and went for this lovely saying 'Let the Sun Shine through You'. I downloaded it and opened it in my software.


I then re-sized the file and re-positioned it to where I wanted it.

I then selected the file (simply by clicking on it) and then went to the dropdown Line Style menu and selected the third option down - the dashed line. This then immediatly converts all the cut lines into dashed lines. I then send this to cut and the machine cuts all the litte dashes instead of solid lines. These are then perfect for stitching though.

Handstitching does take absolutely ages and this was no exception! I had picked out a piece of Pink Paislee Summer Lights paper to go around the edges of the cardstock and I choose my threads to roughly match the colours in that paper. 

I started off with two shades of purple and then faded down to pink, then yellow, then turquoise and finished with blue.

I contemplated colouring in each word with a light wash of paint in the same colour but decided against it in the end as I liked the outline look so much.

Once the stitching was complete I then kept the rest of the layout simple becuase I wanted to show off that glorious stitching! I've used lots of embellishments from the Summer Lights collection to bring it altogether.


I love the way the layout turned out and it documents a lovely day out we had on a summer holiday - fab memories.

Thanks so much for joining me today, happy scrapping xx 


DESIGNS USED:
PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment