Sunday 1 April 2018

Easter Sunday with Steph - Easter baskets

Hello everyone and Happy Easter to you all!!

Every year my girls get way too many chocolate eggs. This year I decided to make them a little basket and fill them with a few smaller eggs! 

I chose this design from the silhouette store: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs?search=3d+easter+basket&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true and sent it to my machine to cut!  Off it went, whizzing and cutting. All was looking good until one of the last flaps cut a little close to the edge and went a bit off piste! The design still came off the sheet ok however and I was still able to make it up as a basket. I was a bit puzzled though as to why this would happen? 
I switched off the machine, unplugged it and left it for five minutes and loaded up some more paper - once again the same thing happened in exactly the same place, grrrr!!!!  Anyway, I made up the boxes, feeling a little perplexed as to why this was happening?? Using the waste from the handle and the holes I made some little bunny faces and added some whiskers also. 
After taking some photos it then dawned on me....though I had moved my machine out, the paper was getting caught on a cable at the back which was affecting the paper sliding through as it was cutting.  Totally a school girl error! Next time I will ensure that there is nothing that could impede the precision cutting of my beautiful Silhouette Cameo machine.

The girls loved their baskets and though I made another school girl error and left my youngest daughters on her bookshelf and the dog ate all the chocolates (he's fine by the way and didn't eat the basket so she's expecting the basket to be filled again!!) they were really very happy and I was too even if they were a little wonky!


See you next time and happy Easter to you all

Best wishes

Steph x x





No comments:

Post a Comment