Thursday 6 December 2018

Flower window cling project


This was a super fun project and I really enjoyed using the window cling material. I've not used it before and it was so simple to do I managed to run up these flowers for my mums kitchen door in less than half an hour. Here's how I did it.

Materials

Step one

I chose this cute flower design. First open your design in Silhouette Studio. The design that I had chosen didn't have any colour already in them so I coloured in the elements by ungrouping the flowers and then opening the colour pallet on the right hand menu and using the fill tool to add colour. 



Once I was happy with all of the colour selections I then regrouped and centred each flower until I was happy with the look and then centred each flower on top of a stalk. I grouped each flower to a stalk so that I would be able to easily move them around the canvas.

Step two

After you have coloured the flowers in you will need to print the design using an inkjet printer. Before printing you will need to add registration marks to the design. This is so that the cutting machine will be able to use them to cut in exactly the right place when we come to cut the design. To select the registration marks go to the 'page set up' menu on the top of the right tool bar. Then select the 'registration marks' menu (third icon along). Select the cutting machine you are using from the 'style' section of the menu. You may need to move your design around a bit so that it doesn't overlap on the cross hatched area of the paper. Then print your design.

 Step three

After you have printed out the design load it onto your cutting mat and load it into your cutting machine. Go to the 'Send' menu on the right hand side to cut the design. One thing that is really important is to make sure that you select 'cut edge' from the cutting menu. This means that only the outside edge of the design will be cut. I used the preloaded 'window cling, printable' setting in the drop down menu. Then cut the design.

Step four

I found that the window cling cut out really well. After you have cut out the design all you need to do is put your project up! I made this project for my mum as she wanted something to go on the glass doors in her kitchen. The clear window cling looked really nice as it did have a lovely translucent quality to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment