Saturday 15 December 2018

Scratch off Gener Reveal Card


Today I have made this super cute gender reveal card :) using the Silhouette self adhesive scratch off material. 

Materials

Step one

Open the file in the Silhouette Design software. I wanted this to be on an A5 sized card. So the first thing I did was to create an A5 sized box on the canvas. I then made it slightly smaller so that there will be a slight offset from the backing card when I mat and layered it at the end of the project. I used the box to design the card so that I could use it to resize the file to fit onto the card front. Once I was happy with the size of the card and the file I then changed the layout. I added text using the text tool with 'blue or pink' written in Brush Script MT and 'What do you think?' in Arial. I moved the text to the bottom of the card and placed the blue and pink hearts on either side. I also changed the colour of the text using the colour pallet on the right hand menu. 

Step two

The file comes with a heart shape cut out of the sack that the stalk is carrying. To make the file work I had to remove this. To delete the heart click on the sack and select the 'Edit points' tool on the left hand menu. Then click on one of the squares that will show on the heart. Once this is highlighted click on the cross button in the left hand menu until the heart has been deleted. Add the word 'Girl' or 'Boy' in a font and colour of your choice and you are ready to pint and assemble the card. 

Step three

Once you are happy with the design of the card it is time to print and cut the card elements out. I started by printing the back ground. Remove all of the elements that you do not want to print (stork and sack). You will then need to activate the 'registration marks' on the canvas. To do this go to the 'page setup' panel on the top right hand side menu and then select 'registration marks' on the submenu that opens. Turn them on and a cross hatched area will appear in the canvas. You will then need to make sure that you design is not covered by the cross hatching as you will not be able to print or cut in this area. 

Step four

Print the page by clicking on the 'Print' icon in the top left hand menu. Once it has printed load it onto the carrier sheet and load this into your Silhouette. Once it is loaded go to the 'send' page. Make sure that only the rectangle that is going to be used as the backing of the card is selected for cutting and send to Silhouette. Once this is cut out repeat the process with the sack, making sure that the gender is printed in the centre of the sack. 

Step five

Now that all the printing and cutting has been completed it is time to cut the stalk and sack. I used some neutral coloured cardstock to cut out the stalk using the 'Cardstock - plain' settings. The sack was cut from the silhouette self-adhesive scratch-off material. 

Step six

Now that you have cut all of the pieces it is time to assemble the card. To do this I firstly stuck the stork onto the card base. I peeled of the backing to the scratch-off paper and very carefully stuck it over the sack making sure that none of the pink showed (I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise!). I then stuck this to the card by the storks beak. I then stuck the card onto a folded yellow cardstock to match the colours in the accent paper. 

 
You can then use your card and scratch off the paper to reveal the gender! Thank you so much for reading 

Helen :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment