Sunday 3 April 2016

Hello Happiness 12 x 12 scrapbook layout

Hello Happiness 12 x 12 scrapbook layout

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a lovely day!

I'm a scrapbooker through and through, I love making pages, sifting through memories and looking at photo's that take you back to an exact moment in time.
The idea that you are making something that will be passed on as a treasured keepsake is heaven.

I'm here today sharing a scrapbook page with you using possibly my favourite cut file yet...


What you will need for this project

Silhouette Cameo
Patterned paper
Foam tape/pads
Wet glue
Double sided tape
Embellishments

Here's the 'how to' bit.

Gah, isn't it divine, here is the information...

 I chose my papers that I wanted to use, I normally stick to a plain background but for this one I had some gorgeous text paper that I knew would look A-MAZE-ING with this shape. I also chose a secons piece of patterned paper to sit behind, I settled on a pretty pink ombre paper and I'm glad I did as I like how it turned out with the subtle changes in colour.

I started out by running the design through my cameo on the following setting:





Again, I have to say that I always love to see the machine in action, I never tire of the joy when I get to take it off the sticky mat and see the design. In a lot of cases I also adore what is left on the mat and save it for another project.

Ha - look, fabulous, two uses from one cut!




I decided for this layout that I wanted to have the top layer of paper stand proud of the second layer, it creates much more depth and shadow to a page. To do this I flipped over my top layer and added foam dots around the page, especially around the arrows. This takes a little time but it's well worth the effort.






Then I flipped it back over and popped it carefully on top of my backing paper.





Now the fun part, choosing a photo, I mean look at it HA! Then fiddling around with embellishments. The black quote on the left was a project life card and I chopped it apart so I could angle it in and amongst the arrows.


I like to use a variety of embellishments to add interest and texture.



A closer look...


It's such an easy project but it shows how a cut file can totally make a page, directing all the focus on to the photograph. I loved making this and I hope it has inspired you to download it and have a play!

Thank you for taking time to read this post, I'd love you to leave me a comment as I love connecting with other scrappy folk.

'Til next time

C x

you can visit me at my blog, I'd love to see you over there...
https://tillyandarthur.wordpress.com/







PRODUCTS USED:

Light hold cutting mat for Cameo

6 comments:

  1. Wow ! I think you have done a fantastic job , I love this layout and all the arrows are just striking ( no pun intended) lol you really are so very creative and super talented. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I'm a tad addicted to arrows HA! C x

      Delete
  2. Great page as always Caroline :)

    I definitely need to get my cameo out more! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kadie! Yessssssss get it out and use it, mine is always at the ready. I think the secret to them is to keep them out where they can be used all the time! C x

      Delete
  3. This is incredible!! Thanks for all the how to bits too! And the heads up at NJ911 :) XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiiii Mary! Thank you tons and so glad you popped over here! C x

    ReplyDelete