Hello, hello - Karen here with a layout I made using the utterly gorgeous and very sparkly Silhouette rhinestones.
STEP 1 - Making the rhinestone template - NOTE: It is vital that rhinstone templates are not resized as this will alter the size of the holes and will therefore affect the final design.
- I started by choosing a scalloped rhinestone border from the set I had downloaded. To do this I Ungrouped all the borders, dragged a box around the scalloped border and then grouped this.
- I then chose Select All, deselected the scalloped border and deleted the rest. I now had one scalloped border.
- In the Replicate window I chose Mirror Left and moved this to the left side of my page. I then chose Rotate One Copy, then I chose Mirror Below to get my four sides. I lined them up as shown below.
- Next I deleted all the 'dots' that I didn't need by Ungrouping each side, deleting the surplus dots and then Grouping again. I then centered it to my page.
- I added my title. Once I had added my title I decided that I wanted to change the small gem at each point of the scallop to a larger one so copied one from the Princess title and used this to replace them. I also coloured the dots the colours I wanted to use on my design to help me when I placed the gems.
- Finally I used a piece of 12 x 12 card, one I knew I wouldn't use for anything else, to cut out my design.
STEP 3 - Adding the journaling.
- I temporarily added my frame to the page to enable me to work out the spacing for the text and found a quote on the internet that perfectly matched my photograph. I used Georgia Peach Sketch Font, size 48 and changed the line spacing to 60. I then removed everything but the text from the page and used my Silhouette and a white sketch pen to write the journaling.
- Next I cut the butterfly frame from a piece of white card.
- I used temporary adhesive (Herma) to attach my template to a piece of black cardstock I had journalled on. I used the rhinestone brush to fill the holes with rhinestones. This is a good video showing how it works. I used the 'Picker' tool to remove the ones I didn't want to be small and clear and replaced them with the desired colour and size.
- I used the rhinestone setting tool to fuse them to my page.
- Once I was satisfied they were adhered I carefully removed my template. I then added my photo and frame.