Hello, hello - Karen here with a quick post about using corrugated paper and vellum to make some cute tags that can be used on a layout or for card toppers.
I hadn't used the corrugated paper before and was quite excited by the fact that you get both kraft coloured and white in the pack - 3 sheets of each colour.
- 12 x 12 sheet of kraft card
- Silhouette Corrugated Paper
- Silhouette Vellum
- Pink card
- Blue card
1. PREPARING AND CUTTING YOUR DESIGN:
- I used a tag design from the Silhouette store and sized them to 4ins (10cms) tall and 2 1/4 ins (5.5cms) wide. I then managed to get 12 onto a 12 x 12 piece of kraft cardstock.
- I then chose several designs to use for my embellishments, made them different sizes and put them all onto a letter size page.
- I cut the embellishments out in both the white and kraft corrugated paper, pink and blue card and vellum. This meant that I had absolutely loads of bits to play with.
2. MAKING YOUR TAGS:
- To make my tags I simply sat and layered up the pieces I had made. This was made super easy as the corrugated paper is self adhesive. I spent a happy hour just playing with the bits I had cut out and used a stapler to secure the vellum butterflies to the tags.
I would recommend making these as they were a nice little project to make whilst I was watching a film on tv.