Saturday 2 April 2016

Washi Stickers for Planners and Calendars


Hi, Bev here with a tutorial on how to use the Silhouette Washi sheets to create fun stickers and tabs for your planners, agendas, notebooks etc.

What you will need:

Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Washi Sheets
Silhouette Cutting Mat and Blade

Step One:

Open a new page in Silhouette studio and start to think of what shapes you would like to use for your stickers. I started with a circle and a flag shape, created simply with the tools in your studio.


You can create the flag shape by using your grid lines as a guide.  Choose the polygon tool and hold the shift key to ensure the line remains straight.



Once your shapes are complete, you can use the replicate tool to produce as many of that shape as you wish.


I added some pentagons using the regular polygon tool and some long rectangles.  You can really be as creative as you wish here, choose shapes that suit your needs.

The Washi sheets are 12x12 and fit perfectly on your Silhouette cameo mat.  The sheets have three different patterns per sheet.  I wanted to make the most of the different patterns so I positioned my shapes accordingly on the page.


I selected the cut egde option and used the washi sheets setting.  I adjusted my blade accordingly and used the suggested settings.  I found these worked well, but its always good to do a test cut if you are unsure of the settings for your particular machine. Then you are ready to send to the Silhouette!


Once cut, you can peel the Washi sheet from the mat.  My stickers were left behind on the mat and i used the Silhouette pick me up tool to remove them.



I then had a little pile of stickers all ready to be used in my planner! The backing paper remains on the stickers until you are ready to use them.


And there we have it! a super simple project to brighten up your diary or calendar and you can make almost any shape you can think of.


Also the fabulous thing about these Washi sheets is that you can write on them. The stickers in my planner are written using biro. Although it is of course a good idea to test on a small area first with your chosen pen.

I have loved sharing with you and look forward to seeing what you all create!


PRODUCTS USED:

Light hold cutting mat for Cameo



















1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to decorate your planner -and a great way to use up scraps of Washi Sheet too!

    ReplyDelete