Wednesday 12 September 2018

Design of the Week - Feeling Good - 11th September 2018


Hello, hello - Karen here and I am back from my holidays to show you my take on this week's Design of the Week - Feeling Good.

This is another print and cut file and I felt that I wanted to do something a little different with it.  As the DT have been tasked with using Printable cotton canvas, this week, I thought I would make a piece of home decor.


I remembered a song that I had on my iPod - sang by Nina Sione, and decided to use this as the basis of my design.

I used Golden Rule Sketch Font for the text and wrote the first verse and the chorus, and added the heart to the right, at an angle.



I thought that the background was too plain so initially thought I could add a sketch pen sheet music background.

 I then added an external offset to the text and heart, removed the text.



Next, I made the music into a compound path and the offset words into a compound path.  With the text at the front of the design,  I used the Subtract All function to remove the music from the area with text.

The outside line of the text was then changed to white.

I had intended to use a sketch pen for the music and text but decided to print the music and heart and then use a sketch pen for the writing.

I printed the design onto a piece of Printable Cotton Canvas and then loaded into my machine to write the text with a black sketch pen and to cut out the whole design to fit into my frame.

I really liked the effect that using the Printable Cotton Canvas gave to this design.









1 comment:

  1. Fab idea to write with pens onto the cotton canvas. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m going to. Thanks for the inspiration Karen.

    ReplyDelete