Wednesday 5 September 2018

Design of the week - Scratch-Off Greetings Cards - 5th September 2018


Hello, Janet here bringing you a cute card idea using Silhouette Scratch-Off Sticker Sheets and this week's free design, the Autumn Raccoon file (#271649). The scratch-off sheets can be cut into just about any shape on your Silhouette Cameo or Portrait. Once peeled from the backing paper they can be adhered over printed or hand-written text and later scratched off to reveal a hidden message. This is great for interactive greetings cards of all kinds; it can be used to reveal a surprise gift, some special news, or just a fun personalised greeting.

Today's post is intended to show how I used this fun product with this week's free file, and isn't a tutorial. Where necessary I've linked to other posts which contain hints and instructions on how to use the techniques mentioned.



To make this card I put together a Print & Cut Sheet. The racoon was used as is, but the card front took a little preparation. I first drew a rectangle the size of my card front and filled it with a background pattern. I then copied the balloon file onto the card front and extended the strings by editing the points at the bottom end of the strings. The balloons were coloured using colour picking from the racoon image. I added text to say "scratch off" and a small arrow from a dingbat font using the glyphs panel. Before sending to print I ensured that all the non-cut lines were set to clear, so that only the lines around the outside of the racoon and the square would be visible and cuttable (using cut by line colour).


I then used the cut outlines of the balloons to cut a number of them from the scratch-off sheets (I made extra for future projects). Then I peeled them from the backing sheet and aligned them over the printed balloons.



Next I adhered the raccoon onto the card front and using a black pen and ruler, drew the strings on that had been hidden by the raccoon's tail. The the entire front was mounted onto a square card base, and finished by adding a little glaze medium to the raccoon's nose and the head decorations.


I think incorporating scratch-off panels has added some fun interaction to this card. I'd love to see what you make with the scratch-off sheets - do share over on the Silhouette UK Facebook page.


Bye for now,


  Crafting Quine BlogInstagram @CraftingQuine



DESIGN USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

No comments:

Post a Comment