Saturday 29 September 2018

Sunday's with Steph - First Adventures with HTV - Mamasurux Rex &Twinasaurux Rex



Hello and welcome to this weeks blog!

So I have been putting off using the scary stuff HTV but it's was my sisters baby shower and I just HAD to make her a t-shirt.  Her nick name is Torasaurus or Tora Rex due to a family joke as we all have long arms and hers are shorter than ours so she's just like a tyrannosaurus rex with their short little arms hence the nick name!

So I started off with this design: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/272987 which gave me the initial idea of what I wanted to do.  I then started to play around with it as I had decided to do baby vests too so I needed to change the lettering.

I ungrouped the design and moved the dinosaurs off of the page then I highlighted the small dino and copied and pasted it an additional three times, two dino's for my sisters t-shirt and one each for the baby vests.

I then typed the wording that I wanted using: CG Good Times Font and remembering to mirror the lettering first I sent it to cut.  After that I removed all of the lettering and dragged the large dinosaur and the four little dino's on to the designing area ensuring that they are close enough so to keep the waste to a minimum.




Once cut I weeded away the bits that I no longer needed and placed them on the vests and the t-shirts.  I used a hot iron to make the HTV stick to the fabric and hey presto here is the finished result!  I was really chuffed with them, they are not perfect by any means but they are my first attempt and my sister thought that they were great!




After my first no problem HTV look out for future HTV projects....I'm sure my next one will be Worlds Greatest Aunt or something like that!!

Until next time,

Steph x x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faith, I'd love to see your finished piece! Please tag me on Instagram: sundays_with_steph or stephanielouise123 :o) x

    ReplyDelete