Wednesday 26 September 2018

Design of the Week - Making Magic Happen - 25th September 2018


Well hello lovely Silhouetters - it's that time again - DOTW.  This week it is a cut file - Making Magic Happen. 
I have to admit I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do with this one as I didn't want to use it on a scrapbook page and that is my 'go to' project.  I took the dog for a walk whilst I had a think and saw a friend who's daughter had married at the weekend and that's when inspiration hit me (you never know when it will)!  What an ideal sentiment for a wedding or anniversary card and so my project for this week was born.

I used a 5.5 square card and matted a 5 x 5in piece of gold glitter onto that.  I then cut a piece of white card 4.5 ins square and used an embossing folder to give it some texture. 


I reduced the design to 4ins wide and cut it from the same gold glitter card.  I then rearranged the layout of the design and used the centre of one of the stars for the dot on my 'i' in 'making' and one of the larger stars as the dot on my 'i' in 'Magic'. 


From not having a clue as to what I was going to do to making a card I am really pleased with all because I took Kiera out for a walk - how fortunate was that?




No comments:

Post a Comment