Sunday 28 October 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Always be happy 12x12 scrapbooking page



Hello Crafters and welcome to this weeks blog post!

So this week I chose a delightful cutfile by the very talented Paige Taylor Evans!  https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/228032?sortby=relevance&search=paige+taylor+evans+%26amp%3B&&page=7&limit=30

I cut the file out on my regular favourite paper Bazzill basics textured card and cut it on the heavy card stock setting passing through twice.

I decided I wanted the flowers to look quite like daisies so I started by using the cut file as a template and turning it back to front I drew round the centres of the flowers.  When I cut them out of yellow paper I made sure cut them out a bit bigger than the line so they sat on the back of the cutfile when turned the right way round.  I then cut the background pink pieces of paper and then the leaves which I backed in green.  I chose a white textured polka dot paper for the backing of the daisies and I cut this as a whole and stuck it on the back of the cutfile.



I tried this on quite a few backgrounds before I settled on a similar colour paper to the centre of the daisies and put the backed cutfile onto the paper.  Once I stuck down the ampersand rest of the page came together quickly.  I backed the photo of me onto some floral pink paper and then on black to give it that extra pop!  I used a couple of tags, some ephemera butterflies, some foam glitter hearts and some glossy floral stickers.  I also used three different types of lettering to make up my title a glossy sticker, some small alphas and a foam word.  



Here it is my finished design.  I must say the backing of the cutfile was a labour of love that I started and put down again a couple of times but I did really like the end look!



Until next time.....

Take care,

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment