Wednesday 13 July 2016

A Quick Summer Project for Children - Monogram Mugs

Hello, Karen here - I run a Rainbow pack (guiding for girls aged between 5 and 7) and am always looking for something different for them to make.  I saw, on Pinterest, some mugs made using Sharpie pens and thought that they were an ideal project.

You will need:

Plain white mugs
Sharpie Pens (I tried with Poundand ones and it didn't work as well)
Vinyl
Cameo/Curio/Portrait

STEP 1 - Preparing your monogram

I purchased some mugs from ASDA which were £2.50 for 4 (what a bargain).
  • I used a file called 'Flourished Based Alphabet' and resized the letters to 3 ins tall.  

  • I then cut these out of vinyl and applied them to the mugs making sure they were well pressed down.

STEP 2 - Decorating your mug.

  • Next the girls used Sharpie pens to dot all over the mug, making sure that they covered the areas around the monogram.

  • I carefully removed the vinyl.
  • Then I baked them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

The girls really enjoyed making their mugs and were delighted with the end results.  I wouldn't advise putting them in a dishwasher but they were fine when hand washed.






DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea...thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a children's activity Karen. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant, I need to have a go at this, would make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete