Hello, hello, Karen here with a quick and simple but very effective project today.
I have so many silly photos of my lovely Kiera that I wanted to make something that I could use to display them. After looking on Pinterest (love that site) I came up with a variation on several photo displays that I had seen.
You will need:
1 piece of 12 x 12 cardstock
1 piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper
Embellishments to decorate your piece
Six 2.25 in photographs
Step One - downloading the files and cutting your card and paper.
- Cut your card but note that it will not be cut all the way across you will have to snip both sides
- at the top and bottom as your machine will not be able to do a 12 in cut.
- The top and bottom centre score line is a valley fold with the 3 in and 6 in ones a mountain fold.
- The middle score line is a mountain fold.
- Use the second file to cut your papers. I wanted to have a faux stitch pattern around all of my pieces so it you would like this too, you have to ungroup the file, remove the red cut lines and draw the dashes prior to replacing the red cut lines and removing the blue stitch lines. NOTE if you just want to cut out your papers without drawing the faux stitching remove the blue dashed likes before cutting. Or you could leave them there and cut the faux stitching! I used two different papers for my display.
Step Two - Completing your photo display
- Adhere the large rectangles to each side, the short pieces to the four small rectangles and the squares to each of the central six squares and to the centre of the two large rectangles.
- I used six photos 2 ½ in square and adhered one to each of the top and bottom centre two squares and one to the centre of the squares of paper on either side.
- Finally I used 'fussy cut' flowers, chipboard and stickers to decorate my photo display.