Monday 13 February 2017

Floral Tag Valentine Card using the FREE file of the Week



Hello,

Janet here with a card I made using this week's free file, the Floral Valentine Tag. There will be a new free file in the store tomorrow, so if you want this one for free you'll need to get over to the Silhouette Design Store quickly.

I made the majority of this card using the Silhouette Studio® software's Print and Cut capability, so it didn't matter that there wasn't much pink card left in my stash.


What You'll Need to Replicate This Card
Rectangular Card Base
White Printable Cardstock
Baker's Twine
Liquid Card Adhesive
Dimensional Foam Adhesive Squares
Strips of Coloured Card or Paper
Silver Cardstock Scrap (for the bird)
Pink Glitter Paper (for the heart and 'pegs')


Method

I opened the file and added Print and Cut marks straight away. If you are unsure how to do this, have a look at the Beginner's Guide to Print and Cut and also 10 Tips to troubleshoot Print and Cut.

Then I ungrouped the elements and  duplicated the tags until there were four and typed in the word 'love', one letter at a time.

I duplicated the set of tags and made a coloured rectangle behind each set, filled with a colour from the file using the colour picker.  Then I did similar with the rose, splitting the rectangle behind the rose so the leaves were surrounded by green, and the rose with pink. This 'gutter' of colour around the shapes ensured that there was no white space around the shapes once cut out.



Once I'd printed out the sheet I selected the correct cut setting for my card and sent the sheet to cut.

I made two holes in the card (beneath where the bows would be placed) and threaded baker's twine through, and then adhered bows made with the same twine.



The cut tags were mounted onto a rectangular card base with dimensional foam squares and the roses adhered on top.

To complete I added some coloured card strips along the bottom of the card front, and finished the card with a bird cut from silver card, a glittery heart, and small strips of glittery card placed to resemble pegs.




The Print and Cut facility is invaluable when you don't have the colour of card you need, or when you're in a hurry.



Bye for now,

   Profile | My Blog | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram



DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment: