Hello, hello - Karen here with a fun card to send to your squeeze on Valentine's Day.
You will need :-
Two pieces of 12 x 12 white card
sketch pens or coloured pens and a pen holder
scraps of pink and kraft
printer or piece of patterned paper 12 ins x 4ins
gold glitter card.
STEP 1 - making the card base.
- To make the base of the card I placed the card base and card inside onto my drawing area and added this design to the front of my card. I resized it to 3.5 ins wide.
- As I wanted to use my sketch pens for the design on the front of the card I ungrouped the shape and coloured it in five different colours, grouping each separate colour as I went along. This than gives me an indication of which sketch pens to use.
- I decided that I would cut the hearts out and back them with glitter card.
- Next choose a suitable printable pattern to print or use patterned paper for the inside of your card.
- Instead of cutting out the 'Birthday' shapes I cut out a banner, and a pair of arms.
- Add these as shown in the photograph below.
- For a finishing touch I added a belly band to my card with a 3d heart.