Monday 1 October 2018

Brewing Mischief Baby Grow





Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today's project features the glow in the dark heat transfer vinyl.  When I was browsing the Silhouette store for Halloween designs, I saw this design and instantly knew I wanted to make it into a baby grow. I thought it was such a fun little design that would be funny for a little baby grow as the meaning could mean an array of things! Whatsmore, as it was Halloween related I also used glow in the dark heat transfer vinyl, allowing your baby to join in the fun! Though can't guarantee the baby will sleep with the glow, so perhaps take it off before nap time!

Brewing Mischief Baby Grow details: 


Before I design my piece in the design space, I like to work out how big the decal will be on my item of clothing. I use a piece of a scrap piece of paper cut to a square and position this over the baby grow. I can then look to see if it is too big or too small for the piece of clothing. This piece of paper was cut to 5 inches, which was large enough for the baby grow. I also tried 4 inches which for me was a little on the small side. 



In the end, I ended up creating the design to be around 4.5 inches.

I loaded the Brewing Mischief design into my design space and right clicked to flip horizontally. I do this before the send panel as I wanted to position the design on my mat over a particular area. The top left-hand corner of my mat is starting to lose its stick. So it can slip a little when cutting in that area.


In order to cut out in another area of the mat, I set the page size in the page setup panel to the width of the media. This glow in the dark heat transfer vinyl is 9 inches wide. Now the boundaries of the media are visible, I can position the design over the media and mat in an area where it is more stick for the mat, but also isn't beyond the boundaries of my media. 

I don't have a heat press as I don't do enough HTV to warrant spending the money on one. I instead use an iron. However, I find the set up below works the best for me with an iron. I place a folded up towel and place this on the floor. The item of clothing is placed on top of this, and then I positioned the HTV decal over this. Lastly, I add a sheet of baking paper over the top to prevent and scorching.


I prefer ironing this on the floor as opposed to an ironing board, and this solid surface of the floor allows me to get good pressure when applying the heat. My ironing board isn't the sturdiest and therefore opted for the floor!



I wanted to show you this picture as it was fun; as I was heat setting the vinyl, it kept glowing briefly as I removed the iron. Obviously, it glows in the darkness of the iron over the top, and you get brief glimpses of it before it fades when you removed the iron. 

Brewing Mischief Baby Grow photos:




If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Brewing mischief Halloween phrase, by Sarah Bailey Design ID #274820

PRODUCTS USED:


      

1 comment: