Friday 20 May 2016

Big Bold Titles


Hiiii
Caroline here with one of my all time favourite ways to use the silhouette. The bonus is it's so simple to make yet very effective.

I really like layouts with huge titles, sometimes it's the perfect way of using lots of your pretty stash; in particular those smaller pieces of paper that you don't want to throw away.

It's also great for packing a punch on a page and leaving lots of spare 'white space' which is great for stopping a page from looking overwhelming.

So I'll stop rambling and get to the tutorial HA!

What you will need (although you don't have to follow this to the letter):

  • plain white card
  • patterned paper
  • photograph
  • wet glue
  • embellishments
  • silhouette cameo/portrait
  • scissors
 The first step is to decide on your title, I had some acetate letters saying hello, so I decided to follow that with summer as I had this photo I had been dying to scrap.

Once you have that you need to open your silhouette software and click the text button...

I wrote out summer and decided to change my text style and size, to do this you need to double click the text and highlight it, then choose the options from the box that appears on the right...


Once you have done that I decided to slant my words, to do this use the green tiny circle that appears when your text is selected and turn it to the desired jaunty angle! ...






Now you can run it through your machine, I used the textured card stock setting...



The next steps are simply putting your coloured card on to the back of each letter, I find just eyeballing it the easiest but you can measure each letter too, or simply put the patterned paper against the letter and marking it with a pencil. I attached all these with wet glue, then added the photo and some layered embellishments and it's done.






It's not too complicated and doesn't take too long at all but I just love this look and it's so versatile too. I hope you like it and that you have a play with some large bold titles.

'Til next time

C x

blog
facebook
instagram

Products Used

PRODUCTS USED:






Light hold cutting mat for Cameo






























12 comments:

  1. Ohhh I do like a bit if big and bold and you have smashed it here Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Karen - I LOVEEE yellow! C x

      Delete
  2. Love the summer colors, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo, roll on bright sunshine HA! C x

      Delete
  3. I love this layout, a great way to use the Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you! Deffo my fave way to use my cameo C x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful as always :) Love to see everything you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, absolutely beautiful Caroline! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola, I loved making it! C x

      Delete