Tuesday 10 May 2016

Design of the Week - Butterfly Banner



Hello!, Bev here with a free cut file tutorial, the beautiful Butterfly Banner.

What you will need:
  • Silhouette Cameo/Portrait
  • Cardstock
  • Gluestick
  • Tape
  • Cotton/Twine to hang
Step One:

Open a new page in your silhouette design studio and import the butterfly file.


I wanted to use three different cardstock patterns so I ungrouped the file and lined the butterflies up.  I deleted the rest once I had a line of them and used the replicate icon to replicate the same line over to the right twice.  This then gave me three rows of butterflies.



Place them in the position that you would like them to be cut and double check the cut settings.  I chose cardstock and went with the recommended blade setting.




Once cut you can remove them from the mat and assemble.



I used a simple gluestick to layer the butterflies together and one they are dry, you can lift the edges slightly to give them some depth.  Attach the butterflies to a piece of twine or cotton with tape on the back and you have your garland.  Such an effective project and a really enjoyable one to work with.



I have really enjoyed sharing with you and look forward to seeing your creations with this great free file!


DESIGNS USED:

Butterfly Banner - Free cut file

PRODUCTS USED:

Light hold cutting mat for Cameo

1 comment:

  1. Your butterfly garland looks so pretty! It would make a lovely party decoration, indoors or outside!

    ReplyDelete