Monday 30 July 2018

Finishing touches to wrapping presents - Glitter stickers




Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today I've created a some glitter stickers using the Glitter Sticker sheets from SIlhouette to add as a finishing touch to a wrapped present. It certainly looks better then using sellotape all the time!

Finishing touches to wrapping presents - Glitter stickers detail:


To start, decide on the shape of your sticker - I kept it simple by using a circle for the base shape. Decided on the design elements you want to add to your sticker. I add 'For you' and two presents from the design store and positioned them as seen below. 

In order for the circle line to not overlap the presents I select the presents and circle, and pressed 'Subtract all' in the modify window. 


I then decided I wanted another line within the circle - I tried internal offset, but this also did internal offset within the presents. Instead I used the arc tool. This worked out perfectly. 


Now I had the sticker design complete, I added an offset to the group design - this will be the cut line for the stickers. I kept the cut line red and the lines of the design black. This will make it easy when your come to cutting your stickers later on. 

Make sure you have your print & registration marks loaded into your design space. For ease, I used the replicate tool  to duplicate by sticker horizontally and vertically. 

To ensure my stickers were evenly space apart I used the spacing option in the transform window, and spaced these out evenly both horizontally and vertically. 


When I was happy with the layout, I printed this out on to a Glitter sticker sheet from SIlhouette and loaded the printed version onto my cutting mat. 

Here is where the coloured cut lines come in handy. In the send to machine window, select the 'Line' action by tab. As you can see below, I have three line colours. As I set my offset lines to red and the red lines are the only lines I am interested in cutting, I can untick the black lines.


Now when the machine cuts the file, it will only cut my red offset lines around the stickers. Remember to do a test cut for the material before your send the whole design to cut. If you are struggling within your machine registering your registration marks, make sure your blade area is well lit. You may find it easier to manual align your blade over the top of the right top black square and ask the software to manual register the mat. 



Finishing touches to wrapping presents - Glitter stickers photos:





If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Present by Rivka Wilkins - Design ID #6345
For you by Tanya Batrak - Design ID #124382

PRODUCTS USED:


    

1 comment: