Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday's with Steph - The gold rush - Teacher & Teaching Assistant cards



Hello and welcome to this weeks blog!

So it all gets a bit crazy this time of year and a friend of mine asked me to make her a couple of cards for her children's teachers. I showed her what I made and she liked them so much she wanted five more!!!  I told her I'd try my best and my best I tried.

As always I tried to be as economical as possible with the paper that I use so I used both the cut out and the negative from this sweet design:   https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/213808

I used some gold glitter card from American Craft (11 x 4 inches) and stuck the phrase on to this before making a card from textured bazzill basics textured cardstock (12 x 10 inches and folding it in half leaving a card 12 x 5 inches).  I then mounted the glitter card onto the card and that one was
done!



The next one was slightly more complicated.  I cut the card to 12 x 10 inches in size before splattering the front with gold paint and setting to the side to dry.  I then used the negative left, cut it to 11 x 4 and added 3/4 rows of sequins to the bottom of the card then sporadic sequins to the top of the card to give a graduated affect.  Once both pages were dry I stuck them together added foam raisers to the area where the stars were and added the stars that I had not used on the previous cards.



My friend was delighted with the cards and her son actually loved them that much he wanted to keep them all for himself!

I hope you love this weeks blog as much as I loved making them!

See you next time

Steph xx


No comments:

Post a Comment