Monday 2 July 2018

Ink Pad storage with Chipboard Sheets!


Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today's project came as a need for me -I have a selection of inks that are too big for my current ink storage, as it is for square ink pads. I wanted to try out the Silhouette Chipboard sheets and thought this would be perfect for some additional Ink Storage. I used a great design from the design store, which made the process even quicker!

Ink Pad storage with Chipboard Sheets detail:

To start, download the ink page storage file by Jamie Cripps from the Silhouette Store. This designer has really thought about the maker, as they have also created a file so it could be cut on a Portrait as well as a Cameo machine. 


For the shelving units, I cut only two boxes - you can cut four out, but if space apart correctly within the box, 2 would be enough. I used the Chipboard settings below to cut the design. I have to admitt, I forgot to do a test cut - I got lucky, but make sure you do one just in case!


As you can see the designer has input all the cut and score lines, so it makes it easy to assemble.


However, the designer has also provided a step by step tutorial in assembling the box. Instead of repeating myself, I will link you to that here!

I used chipboard for the outside box and the two inner shelves to give stability, as I knew paper may buckle over time. However, I am not a fan of the dreary grey look, so I cut out the design in the patterned paper too. I adhered this to the initial chipboard cut out with glue, before scoring and assembling. 

For the tab pull out shelves, I cut these out of just patterned paper only, as they are not bearing the weight of the ink pad as much because the shelve is supporting them. 


As you can see if fits nicely on top of my other current ink storage. Definitely will be making more of these, as I have a few more ink pads to the side that need storing! 





If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

3D Ink holder by Jamie Cripps, Design ID #44648

PRODUCTS USED:


     

No comments:

Post a Comment