Friday 6 July 2018

Hello | Cutting and Altering Chipboard by Niki Rowland



Hey there, Niki here today sharing a layout I made using Silhouette Chipboard. The chipboard available from Silhouette comes in a chipboard colour (so kraft coloured) and is quite thin. It therefore cuts really easily on the Silhouette and you can then either leave it as its original colour or alter it in some way.

I cut the large Hello circle which is a design by Paige Evans available in the Design Store, and then heat embossed it with black glittery embossing powder. 


The embossing ink and then powder took really well to the chipboard. Becuase of the glitter it was tough to tell if I had heated enough with the heat tool and therefore some patches I'd missed had to be done again but the effect once finished is awesome!


I now have this totally awesome embellishment to use on my layout! Becuase it is chipboard it gives a chunkier look than if I had simply used cardstock. I raised it on foam pads for added dimension and then built the rest of the layout around it.


I've used a number of papers and embellishments from the Boys Rule collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio to document a story about my little boy.

I hope you've enjoyed my layout today and will give cutting chipboard on the Silhouette a try. 
Happy scrapping xx 


DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. Your embellishment looks great Niki. Heat embossing was one way that I hadn't thought about for decorating the chipboard - I'll have to go and try it out - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete