Thursday 1 November 2018

Design Of The Week - Thankful Grateful & Blessed - 29th October 2018



Hello, welcome to my DOTW post on a Thursday!  I like to mix it up sometimes so changing the day of the DOTW will keep you on your toes :o)

This week's design is a cut file title


At the moment I am loving print and cut files, I used to struggle with them but now they seem to work like a breeze.  Although, with the onset of darker days and living in a cottage with small windows and therefore little natural light, I do sometimes have to shine a torch into my Silhouette to aid the registration.

I turned the cut file into a print and cut file, see here how to do this, I also used these print and cut files to add an autumnal feel to the page and to compliment the photo of my two girls.






I didn't want the 'Give Thanks on my wreath and I also wanted to have an internal offset so I used the eraser tool to carefully remove the 'Give Thanks'.



I then used the 'Trace Tool' to trace the wreath.


The next step was to select the wreath and 'cut' it using ctrl+x.


Next I released the compound path


I deselected the centre of the design and deleted the remaining pieces. Then I added an internal offset.


Finally I removed all but the offset line,  Then pasted my wreath back ctrl v, which gave me a wreath with the centre ready to be cut out. 

I added this to an A4 page, with registration marks, along with the leaves (which I had reduced in size) and the title. 


Once printed and cut I was ready to assemble my page.  I started by arranging this cut file around my page and used a sketch pen to create my border.  


I then added a piece of patterned paper, my title, wreath and photo and finished it off with some stickers.



DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:







1 comment:

  1. This looks like a brilliant tutorial for me- an absolute newbie, I want to try this RIGHT now. Already bit off more than I could chew trying to make a card during the week, can I manage this?...

    ReplyDelete