Wednesday 16 January 2019

Design of the Week - Hearts Background - 15 January 2019 - Using the Knife Tool.



Hello, hello and Happy Wednesday to you.

The DOTW this week is a really pretty heart background.

When I saw this design I was absolutely thrilled as I could see the myriad of possibilities offered by it.


I wanted to use it on a scrapbook page but didn't like where the hearts overlapped.

To rectify this I used the knife tool to cut the sections I didn't want and then deleted them.


I used the magnifying glass to increase the size of the section I wanted to work on and then clicked on the knife tool (second from bottom on the left menu).


This shows where I have added the cut lines and all I had to do was to delete the section I didn't want.


Once I had the design how I wanted it I cut it from some white card and backfilled the hearts.  For added dimension I stuck the patterned paper to the back using foam pads and then used more foam pads to adhere the heart to my page. 


All that was left was to add my photo and some die cuts to finish the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment