Wednesday 9 January 2019

Design of the Week - You Are Magic Font - 8th Jan 2019 - Using Font Glyphs


Hello, hello Karen here with my usual Wednesday post using the free Design of the Week.  I am absolutely thrilled with this week's offering a gorgeous font called You Are Magic.  This font has some amazing glyphs (some with phrases) and I have used it on two projects.  You really should snag this font as, for this week only, it is free - saving you over £3.00!

First, I used the font and one of the Glyphs on a t-shirt using glow in the dark HTV - I noticed too late that one of the little lines at the bottom is missing :0(.  


To access the glyphs is really easy.

On the text panel (1) choose Glyphs (2)


This will then give you access to all the different glyphs available to a font.  These can be curly swishes to add to letters or in the case of this font lots of little graphics - see below.  To add a glyph simply click on it and it will be added to your page.


As you can see, along with the graphics there are also phrases with this font.  I decided to use one of them on a scrapbook page as I was curious as to how it would look in a larger size and whether it would draw well with a sketch pen.  I chose the 'You Are Magic' title and also repeated the moon phase glyph as a border around my page.  I also added two moons, flipping one to face the other way.



I used a dark blue metallic sketch pen for the title and border and was delighted how nice they looked.




I absolutely love this font and the possibilities it gives me.



No comments:

Post a Comment