Sunday 6 January 2019

Sunday's with Steph - Quick and easy gift box



Happy New Year Crafters!

So this gift box is soooooo super quick and easy it took only about 20 minutes from start to finish to make - the thing that took me the most time was choosing the papers to use!!


I chose this delightful design by Lori Whitlock https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/62405?search=3d+hot+air+balloon&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true and then chose some papers.  In hindsight I should have chose blue instead of green to look like sky but I didn't think about it being background at the time of choosing but it might be something you would like to consider?

I had all of the items on my design sheet and moved all but the box off for my first cut.  I used my go to paper Bazzill basics in green and sent it to cut.  That done I loaded my next piece of the design the pink back piece of the balloon also Bazzill as was the heart (in red), the basket (in black) and the clouds (in white). The patterned paper was a piece of Paige Taylor Evans paper from my stash which has been hanging around for a while and I knew would be perfect!

Once they were all cut out I set about constructing the box.  I bent inwards all of the scored lines and used my ATG tape gun to pop some tape onto the flaps and then stuck them into place.  When I make this box again I will stick the pieces of the balloon to the box flat as I'm sure it would make it a little easier to stick the balloon pieces on but I managed to do it without too much trouble even though it was made up.



What is nice about this box is that it was so quick and easy to do, it looks lovely and if you made them up for a party you could make them way ahead of time and keep them flat and stick them together last minute and give them out with a few sweets or treats in as party favours!




Until next time crafty people!

Take care,

Steph x x

No comments:

Post a Comment