Friday 4 January 2019

Welcome to 2019!

Happy New Year Silhouette Friends...

Today I am sharing a simple layout and a card to celebrate new beginnings...

I am not sure why I bought this 2016 card design (as it was after 2016!) but I loved the striking design
I decided to try and be clever and  change it into 2019, by rotating the 9 to make a 6 and adjusting the 'drop' shapes.

I wanted to add the box packaging from a bottle of champagne for my first page of 2019. So I worked out the placement on my page, the size of my paper and placement of the cutfile.
I layered up a 12 x 12 patterned yellow background sheet, then a 10 x 10.5 white sheet (backing the 2019 cutfile with blue). After cutting 2019 in gold glitter cardstock, with a few extra hearts in gold and blue I stuck it in place. I used the word Welcome from this cutfile to complete the title.


I added extra sparkle on the champagne bubbles, gloss to the word welcome 

 

and my page was complete


 I decided to send a few cards to celebrate the start of 2019 and chose this lattice card


I changed it slightly, making the outer layer smaller to mount on the plain white card.

So I wish all of you a Happy New Year and hope all your Silhouette dreams come true

Ruth xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment