Wednesday 15 May 2019

Bird House Wedding Table Setting - Using Silhouette Chipboard


Hello, hello Karen here with a new Wednesday post.  This week the DT are focussing on using Silhouette Chipboard with a wedding theme.


Now, the chipboard is not as thick as standard chipboard but more like Kraft card.  With this in mind I decided to make a cute little bird house favour box and then was inspired to make a co-ordinating place card


which then led to making a napkin ring!

I started with the bird house cut file and resized it to 7.5 ins wide so I could to get two onto one piece of 12 x 12 chipboard.


I then copied it and used the knife tool to remove all but the front of the bird house.
To this I added a name using Sisters Sketch font and placed on my design with the two bird house boxes.  


The last thing to do was to make the napkin ring.  I used the place card and reduced it to 66 percent.  I did the same for the roof and added these to my design along with a 1 inch strip for the ring.


Next I laid out my flowers, leaves and two easel's to stand the place cards on. 



I added four pieces of different coloured card to my mat along with a piece of chipboard and cut them out in one go.

All that remained was to glue my items together and ink all the edges before adding the flowers and some silver glittery stickers.




I thought it would be fun to fill the little bird house favour box with eggs - and it was!



DESIGNS USED


PRODUCTS USED

   






2 comments: