Wednesday 29 May 2019

Wedding Frame using Printable Canvas

Hello, hello - Karen here with my usual Wednesday post.  This week I have used printable canvas in my project.  I must confess that I haven't really used this before but was thrilled with how well it printed (I used an inkjet printer) and also how nicely it cut.

For my project I have made a frame with a phrase added that is suitable for a wedding gift.


I started by choosing a background to print and resized it to 8ins square. 


Then I reduced the depth of colour by using the colour palette tool and sliding the transparency down to 33%.


I printed it out cut to size for my background.

To decorate my frame I found a suitable phrase on Pinterest and used SNF Georginana to write it - I wanted a fancy font.



I typed it in two different sizes and moved them about until I was happy with how they looked.  I then added an offset.

I wanted to have something additional to decorate my frame and decided on some butterflies but I wanted them to coordinate with the rest of the design.



I used the knife tool to cut the darkest section of the background and added it below my phrase. Then I added some butterflies.  As this was a solid section of printing I knew that the butterflies would be completely covered with the pattern and there wasn't a need to add an offset. 



Once they were all cut all that was left was to add them to my frame, together with some lace and purchased flowers. 





DESIGNS USED

 

PRODUCTS USED
 

No comments:

Post a Comment