Sunday 12 May 2019

Scrapbooking with Steph - Be Brave - Paige Evans cutfile



Hello Scrapbookers and welcome to this weeks layout!

So I started with this lovely photo of my wonderful parents on my Mum's 60th birthday. My Mum is the bravest person I know...she has been living with cancer for the last seven years and is fighting it every day so when I came across this lovely cutfile from Paige Evans https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/279010?search=brave&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true and along with the photo it was a page asking to be made!

I cut the file out on my favourite diamond Bazzill cardstock on the Cardstock Textured Heavy setting and passed through twice to ensure every line was cut perfectly!!

I backed the file with a piece of gold embossed card but left out the star "A" shape and popped my photo behind this instead.

I gutted a piece of mustard yellow paper leaving an one inch border. I used white mixed media paste and a blossom stencil and pasted all over the pink and white gingham sheet of card. Once dry I trimmed it down to an 11 inch square and then stuck them together and machine sewed round the edge in gold thread.  I placed the cutfile down to the bottom area of the page and then fussy cut some pink roses out and slid them under the cutfile.



I added a small embellishment cluster to the top right hand corner with the words "Be Fearless" and some sequins.  I then added some thickers so the layout would read "Be fearless, be brave, be you" and then a few more sequins, some hearts and lastly a wooden button!



Well I hope you have enjoyed this weeks layout...if you decide to scrap lift I'd love to see what you make....please tag me on the silhouette UK Instagram page or on my personal page stephanielouise123.

Wishing you a lovely week and happy scrapping...

Steph xo


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous page, love how you have used the word AND admire you for the stitching! I'm sure your Mum is thrilled with it too.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am always so grateful for your positive feedback :o) it makes me smile lots!!

      Delete