Wednesday 8 May 2019

Design of the Week - Banner With Flowers - 7th May 2019




Hello, hello Karen here with this week's free design - Banner with flowers.

As the DT are focussing on makes for weddings, this week, I thought it would look really pretty as part of a place card and so set to work designing one.


I used this design as the basis of my project.

 https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/274681

I started by reducing the size of the bracket to 3ins wide, resizing and adding the Banner to the top of the bracket. I also added a 0.05 offset to the banner.
I needed to release the compound path of the bracket so that I could remove the white line. I then removed the flowers and banner and welded the bracket and offset together. 


I then replaced the white line, after removing the top section and added some text using Sister Sketch font.  



The final step was to cut the banner out from white vinyl and add to the top of the bracket.  







2 comments:

  1. Great place card and is so different with the easel element. Love the design and the great idea Karen.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith - I really enjoyed making these x

      Delete