Friday 17 May 2019

Chipboard Favour Boxes

Hi everyone, 😊 My name is Jordy, and this is my first ever blog post for Silhouette UK. 

May is a one of the best times for wedding season and nothing says wedding like gift boxes for your guests.




Materials Used:

Silhouette UK chipboard.
Your favourite type of adhesive, I like my tape roller as it’s easy to use.
Paper of your choice, I used white paper.
Silhouette CAMEO® 3 machine

Adhesive pearls for decoration.

Silhouette files:

Cage Box #89363.

Now onto the design...


Step 1: Open the file in Silhouette Studio: 



Once I decided on the designs I wanted to make, and purchased from the Silhouette Design Store. I opened then up. I did also make the box a little bit bigger, but not too big that it goes outside of the red cutting line.

Step 2: Cutting the design:

I don't want to do anything fancy with my design, as I love the rustic look of the kraft colour chipboard. I will be adding some accents once the design is cut, but I'm not going to do anything fancy within the software.



Now the best thing about this design is its super easy to cut on the chipboard. Load the chipboard onto the strong hold mat and run the designs through. I tweaked my cut setting in the software, because I know my machine cuts better with a little bit force. But as with everything, it is best that you start with the Silhouette Studio softwares default settings and find what works best for you! Because Chipboard cuts on a speed of 1, its best you grab a cup of tea coz we're gonna be here a while. (It's totally worth it though!)

Step 3: Put the design together:


Now all your parts are cut – we can put them together and have fun. I used a bone folder to get a smooth crisp fold on the chipboard. I used some tacky glue to glue it all down, usually I would opt for a tape gun but sadly my tape gun is out of tape! One little tip I have for using glue on projects, use mini pegs to hold the bits in place whilst they dry.





 I felt the design still looked a little bit boring - which is one of my biggest problems with crafting. I always feel projects need that little extra something. 




I cut a little bit of  vellum that would fit behind the cage bars and adhered it on the back. It just adds a little extra to the box.  Now the fun part (in my opinion) the adhesive pearls and crystals! I opted for a mix of both crystals and pearls, because it just made the box look so pretty.




And now, to put all the pieces together. I used coordinating yellow ribbon to match the theme of the box. I also decided not to use the heart, it didn't look right when I put it on but that is down to personal preference.  Obviously if it looks a little plain, you can jazz it up with some ink but I don't have access to any of that so I left mine as it is. Sometimes I love the look of items with no fancy extras.



I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and I can’t wait until the next one. Happy crafting.
Xo Jordy


1 comment: