Please note that peeling vinyl off the wall in the future, may remove some paint, depending on the wall finish, so if this is an issue, I suggest sticking this art onto a canvas, then hanging it.
Silhouette matte vinyl in two colours for leaves and vase
Yellow glitter card for the centre
A canvas frame if you do not want to stick this directly to your walls
Double click the flower library item to get it onto your work area within the software. If you want the petals to be shaded at the tips, watch my video now.
I used 4 pieces of A4 card stock and made one daisy per sheet as large as I could within the registration marks, which must be "on" to allow the print and cut to work. They measured 18cm across. Cut four flowers in all. Take two flowers and place them on top of one another, so that the top flower petals lie over the spaces between the petals of the flower below. Stick them together in the middle, and if wanted, cut a circle in yellow glitter card for the flower centre. Glue that in place. Once fixed, hold the centre with one hand and push forward the flower petals. It helps to do this at the edge of a table.
Roll the edges back of each individual petal. The Silhouette Pick-me-up tool is perfect for this. Sorry about the wrinkled hand. I don't know where that came from!
Using file #32594 Make two stems and some leaves on an A4 page. Put the settings to cut Silhouette vinyl, adjust the cutting knife in your machine, pop some vinyl on the cutting mat and feed into the Cameo. Cut the greenery.Weed the unwanted vinyl from the mat and then one by one, peel off the pieces you want and place them on your wall. The pieces are easy to handle without transfer paper. They look lovely just like that, but the other options are to
- Put a real vase in front of them for a bit of fun. No watering required.
- Or cut and decorate a vinyl vase for them using a Silhouette file such as #58448. See the photo at the top of this post.
I would love to see what you do with this. Will you go large or small?
- Silhouette Portrait or Cameo
- Cutting mat
- A Silhouette Pick-me-up tool
- For the vase: Silhouette file #58448 Flower pot and vase by Lisa Norris
- Vase decoration: Silhouette file # 121625 Spring Flower by Dresden Carrie
- The free Library flower file shown above
- For the stem and leaves: Silhouette file #32594 Flower pot by Patty Young Designs