Hello, hello, Karen here with my March make and blog post.
I was lucky enough to be sent some scrumptious Silhouette printable shrink plastic which I thought would be ideal to make some jewellery as a Mother's Day gift.
STEP 1 - Designing your jewellary.
- I started by looking through all my print and cut files to find a suitable one and chose this one from House of Three.
- I resized it to 5.5ins wide for the broach and 2.5ins wide for the earrings. I also mirrored one of the earrings and added a .25in cut circle near the top for the earring wires to go through.
- I printed onto the shrink plastic (matt side) using my inkjet printer and waited a couple of minutes for the ink to dry. I then cut it out using my Silhouette CAMEO® and baked it in the oven for a few minutes. As soon as I got it out I used a metal cake slice to press the pieces flat.
- Because I loved the design so much I decided to also make a matching gift box and tag.
- Finally, I decided to make a card to go with the rest of the peices. I removed the cut line from around the design and printed it I then used used a sketch pen for the border and writing.
So there we have it - a broach and earring set to go into the cute little pillow box and a matching card all made with love for a special mother x