Thursday 16 March 2017

Print and cut floral monogram

Hello Silhouette fans! Maria here today, and I’ve got a little secret to tell you… I have had my Silhouette Cameo for almost three years and I have never used the Print and Cut function… Until today! Crazy, huh?

So, as a first timer, the very first thing to do was to read Nadine’s fabulous article on troubleshooting. It is a really useful read, and it helped me nail my first print and cut! Success!!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

  • ·         Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
  • ·         Cardstock
  • ·         Printer
  • ·         Any other materials to finish your project, for me a scrapbooking layout!



INSTRUCTIONS

I started by opening a new project and changing my mat dimensions from 12x12 to A4, since I am going to be printing on A4.


Next I open the Registration Marks and select Type 1, as I have a Cameo but make sure you use the type to match your machine. I leave the presets untouched, as this is my first time and I don’t want to risk it! My way of thinking is that if Silhouette have chosen those settings is because they work!


I open my design into the mat and resize making sure that the lines are not touching the registration marks. (The design that I have chosen is by the talented Angie Makes and it is absolutely beautiful!)

And send to print. Make sure the settings in your printer are correct too! I almost sent my design to print in black and white! Doh! Once it’s printed, put on your cutting mat and send to cut as you would normally do with the settings to suit the material that you are cutting. However, as Nadine’s troubleshooting article says, make sure that the Silhouette is pointing towards a source of natural light so it can read the registration lines correctly. My Cameo happens to be pointing towards a window, so I had plenty of light.



And that is it! You are now ready to finish off your project :)

Here is my layout.




I hope you have liked it and it has inspired to use this function if you have never tried before!






PRODUCTS USED



2 comments:

  1. Your Print and Cut is a great success - looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet! I was quite pleased myself! :)

    ReplyDelete