Friday 4 November 2016

Painting The Roses Red

Hello, Karen here with a layout made using a large background design and watercolour pencils.


You can use any deign for this but I chose one with large roses.  To be truthful, I started this layout without really knowing what photo(s) I was going to use, not unusual for me.

You will need:
Silhouette Cameo
White and black 12 x 12 card
Green and Red watercolour pencils.

STEP 1 - Cutting your design.

  • I enlarged the design to 11 ins wide.
  • Draw an 11.75 square around the outside (shown in black).


  • I then selected both shapes and centered them on the page and cut from black cardstock.

STEP 2 - Making your layout. 

  • I adhered the cut shape to a piece of white 12 x 12 and used watercolour pencils to just add a touch of colour to each of the leaves and roses.  I then blended the colour using a watercolour brush, but you could just as easily do this with a regular brush and water. 
As I was painting my roses I thought I could call this post 'Painting The Roses Red' and then knew that the perfect photos would be ones taken when I took my daughter for an Alice in Wonderland themed afternoon tea.





DESIGNS USED:





PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment: