Hello, Karen here with another technique to make a layout background that will be unique.
You will need:
White 12 x 12 Card
Black Silhouette Sketch Pen
Silhouette Washi Tape Sheets.
Step 1 - cutting the Washi Tape sheets.
- I used the OFFSET function, set at 0.1, to give the shapes an outline.
- Next I copied and pasted the outline to a new drawing area and changed this outline to a broken line to give the impression of stitching. I used a sketch pen to draw this onto the piece of white 12 x 12.
- I returned to the drawing area with the hexagons on and ungrouped them. I selected the top third and deleted the remainder. I then replicated these twice more so that I could cut them from the three different patterns on a washie sheet.
- I then cut five different patterns of washie sheet to use on my layout.
Step 2 - Constructing the layout.
- This was the fun part - putting your patchwork together. The washie tape is so forgiving that you are able to remove the hexagons and put them somewhere else several times - giving you the opportunity to build up your pattern evenly.