Friday 18 November 2016

Washi Tape Patchwork Scrapbook Page


Hello, Karen here with another technique to make a layout background that will be unique.

You will need:

Silhouette Cameo
White 12 x 12 Card
Black Silhouette Sketch Pen
Silhouette Washi Tape Sheets.

Step 1 - cutting the Washi Tape sheets.

  • I used the OFFSET function, set at 0.1, to give the shapes an outline.
  • Next I copied and pasted the outline to a new drawing area and changed this outline to a broken line to give the impression of stitching. I used a sketch pen to draw this onto the piece of white 12 x 12.

  • I returned to the drawing area with the hexagons on and ungrouped them.  I selected the top third and deleted the remainder.  I then replicated these twice more so that I could cut them from the three different patterns on a washie sheet.  


  • I then cut five different patterns of washie sheet to use on my layout.

Step 2 - Constructing the layout.

  • This was the fun part - putting your patchwork together.  The washie tape is so forgiving that you are able to remove the hexagons and put them somewhere else several times - giving you the opportunity to build up your pattern evenly.
I was really pleased with the final result and chose to use a small photo so as not to cover up too much of my patchwork.  I added a title, which I had,again, outlined with a broken line to give the illusion of stitching.






DESIGNS USED:



PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment: