Wednesday 11 April 2018

Design of the Week - Geometric Earrings 11th April 2018



Hello, hello lovely Silhouetters.  Look at this fun shape of the week, this week - earrings!



When I downloaded the design I found that they were 4 ins long - even too long for an exuberant wearer of earrings such as myself!


I reduced their size by 50% and cut them out four times in white card and twice in beautiful shiny teal vinyl.  As I was using my Silhouette 3 I was able to set them out on the design area and change the colour of the outline for the ones I wanted to cut in vinyl - thus enabling me to cut them both out at once as the automatic blade changed it's own settings for the two different media.


Then I glued four pieces of card together and placed one of the vinyl pieces at the top and bottom of the pile.  All that was left was to find a couple of earring hooks and my gorgeous new earrings were ready.



Now I am thinking how lovely they would look if made from glitter paper or even woodgrain paper - if only I didn't have to go to work today I could make a whole new wardrobe of earrings.


No comments:

Post a Comment