Sunday 15 April 2018

Sunday's with Steph - One cut file used two different ways - part 1

Hello and welcome to this weeks blog post!

This week I have decided on a cut file and used it two completely different ways to try and maximise it's cost effectiveness.

I chose the spooky stars file https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/216771 used some white card stock and cut out the design as normal.  I then splattered it with silver paint all over using the waste stars as a mask.


Once all of the paint was dry I made up my layout. 

In my vast collection of papers I found some old script paper that I had been hording since 2013 (I'm also sure that this is not my oldest stashed paper 😬) and a sheet of 12 x 12 stickers from around the same time! 

I backed the cut file with the script paper and started playing about with the stickers and the two photos I had chosen.  The sticker set came with two frames so I cut my photos down to size and backed the "Life if Beautiful" sticker onto grey card stock and used foam risers to give the layout some height and shadows. Arranging the rest of the stickers along the centre of the layout, I popped another three up in the top right hand corner.

I felt that even though I had quite a lot of lettering on the layout, it still lacked a "proper" title.  I had some lovely banner thickers that I threaded on to a piece of embroidery thread, along with some sequins and hung it as a banner across the layout, stapling either side. The last thing that I done was add some yellow and grey dots. Hey-presto, that's it, layout finished.  I am really pleased with this layout. I've managed to use some old papers and given them a modern twist.


So as I mentioned above I have used this cutfile again a completely different way and this will be up on the blog next week so please pop back and take a look :o) 

Wishing you a happy, scrappy week

Steph xx 







No comments:

Post a Comment