Wednesday 14 December 2016

Colourful Penguin Garland




Hey there, it's Sara. Today I am going to show you a colourful project featuring Nic Squirrell's cute penguin file.



What you need:
Colored cardstock
Ribbon
Silhouette Cameo/Portrait/Curio
PENGUIN Design by Nic Squirrell


When you open the penguin file, it will look something like this:


What I need is actually the penguin with eyes and beak. 

I deleted the penguin parts I don't need and was left with one penguin with all the parts needed. 


What I need now is to separate the tummy part from the rest of the penguin. First I rotated the penguin 90 degrees. And then I released compound path.


Put the tummy part on the side, selected the penguin with the eyes and clicked on make compound path.

Now I wanted to add holes to the penguin wings to pull the string through.
Add the holes on each side and do compound path again.


Resize the penguin and tummy part to around 11 cm tall. 




The coloured paper I am using is A4 size, if you want to change the size of the paper on the DESIGN PAGE SETTINGS option on the right side. 


Cut the amount of penguins you want in each colour. 
Remember to do a test cut as some paper are thicker than the normal cardstock and you might need to adjust thickness on the blade.



Now you cut the white tummy part for the penguins.



So many gorgeous penguins cut and ready to be assembled! 






PREPARING YOUR DESIGN:

Once youve cut out the penguins and the tummy part, you can start gluing them together. I used glue dots to glue them together.

When you're finished you can string the ribbon through the penguins, to make it easier, wrap the tip of the ribbon with tape so it goes through the holes easily.




End result, is a cute rainbow penguin garland to cheer up a child's room!



















`


DESIGNS USED:

    




PRODUCTS USED:














No comments:

Post a Comment